Leitrim County Council working in partnership with Irish Water is advising Customers on the South Leitrim Regional Water Supply Scheme that there will be Tankered Water available at the following locations.
1. Drumshanbo @ the Mart Road – In Place.
2. Gortletheragh @ The National School – In Place.
3. National School in Drumshanbo from 8am today which will move to Drumcong National School for Lunchtime.
4. Corraleehan Church – From Lunch time onwards.
5. Drumreilly Church – From Lunch time onwards.
6. Aughawillian Church – From Lunch time onwards.
7. Kilavahey @ Mc Namees Garage – Approx 3pm.
Customers are advised to boil the water before use. The provision of Tankers will be reviewed on a day to day basis. The current rationing of water will continue until the Weeks end where we expect the situation to have improved.
Customers are being asked to conserve water to avoid reservoirs emptying and water pressure to homes and businesses being affected. Customers in high lying areas will be most affected and may experience disruptions to their water supply while the system fully recharges. The area's mostly impacted are Drumshanbo, Ballinamore, Fenagh, Aughnasheelin, Kesh, Mohill, Cloone, Carrigallen, Gorthleragh, Coraleehan and all Group Water Schemes in these areas.
There will also be a need to further restrict supplies overnight for a period of time until such time as the Reservoirs have refilled and the Networks recharge. Supply will return tomorrow morning but only for a short period of time. It is expected that this will improve as the week progresses.
Leitrim County Council on behalf of Irish Water would like to thank customers in advance for their co-operation in conserving water at this critical time and apologise for any inconvenience caused.